23 November 2012

Character design


A quick update on the character design for the film- Since the story and concept are still being developed and the characters are yet to be finalized, I decided to go ahead and test out some silhouettes and character design styles that we could use. I tested some semi-realistic and stylized proportions.I personally enjoy doodling and testing character designs on ruled paper since it helps in comparing proportions quickly. (They also look pretty awful when used for anything other than that #lifelessons!)



I have attached a few of the face sketches that I tried out as well. The cubic design ( above) is without a mouth and is highly simplistic and minimal. And some oval and faceted faces with asymmetrical features (below). Lastly, I did a paint-over of one of the sketches to demonstrate the concept a bit better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment